Week 12 Story Lab

    This week I chose to do the Advice to Writers story lab. I read through all of the quotes of the day. These quotes can help boost your confidence, or help you get out of your rut if you are in one. My favorite quote of the day is the quote that was on April 13th. The title of the quote is "The Useless Days Will Add Up To Something." Cheryl Strayed further explained the quote relating to real life situations. Sometimes we all feel as if we are just going through the motions. It is nice to understand that those days doesn't mean you're lazy. Those days are your becomings.

    I found Gordon Hutchison's interview advice, on April 6th, to be the most beneficial. I like how Gordon referred to writer's block as "writing means overcoming blocks." The approaches Gordon mentioned are some that I have used when I get stuck. I have given myself breaks, written terrible stories, and read my stories out loud. These approaches eventually turn into inspiration. 



Comments

Popular Posts