Introduction to Me and My Life

     Hello everyone! My name is Madison, and I am a junior here at OU. In the beginning of my college career, I was a dental hygiene major. I completed the pre requisites courses and applied to OU's program, but I sadly did not get accepted. I have recently reapplied and added a Health and Exercise Major as a backup plan. The cool thing about my major is that I will get to clean all sorts of teeth. I know you're probably thinking "ew that's gross," but it fascinates me. Since I was a child, I have always loved going to the dentist. This was my inspiration to become a dental hygienist. This year will be the year I get in... I hope!

    Another fun fact about me is that I am a cheerleader here at OU. I have done school cheer for sixteen years and on top of that I did competitive cheer for twelve years. This is my third year on the Coed squad, and my third year being chosen to compete on the UCA Nationals mat. It is an honor to me because not everyone on team gets to compete. This year is quite different than the past two years because of Covid. We weren't allowed to be on the football field for games, but we got to cheer along the wall. We are in the stands cheering for volleyball, basketball, wrestling, and gymnastics which is also different compared to where we usually are. Usually for UCA Nationals, we stay in Norman during winter break and practice twice a day in preparation for the competition. This year the competition was pushed back to April. This completely changed our schedule, and we finally got a winter break. I wish it were different because now have to practice every day in March and April in order to prepare for nationals. Even though everything is different I am appreciative that we still have the opportunity to compete. Catch me on tik tok @keepingupwithboosie

                                                                   Photo from Sophomore Year


    My favorite movies are The Proposal, both 21 and 22 Jump Street, and the Twilight Sagas. I could re-watch those movies millions of times and not get sick of them. I am currently watching the tv show Jane the Virgin. My teammate, Austin, and I have scheduled Wednesday nights and Sunday nights for watching it together. My favorite tv shows are Nashville, Scandal, Revenge, Blindspot, and Desperate Housewives. All of them contain some sort of crime and loads of drama. If you have any tv show recommendations comment below. 

    I have plenty other fun facts about me. The main one is that I am 4'8". NO, I am not a legal midget, I do not have dwarfism to qualify, I am just simply short. I have an obese weenie dog named Dandi. She is the cutest little dog and holds a special place in my heart. My dad and stepmom just recently adopted a ten-year-old weenie dog mix named Jenson. He is absolutely precious, and I cannot wait to meet him. The only other hobby I have is cooking. I find it as my stress reliever. Pinterest is where I get all of my recipes, unless my Pepa Katy emails me recipes she wants me to try. I like cooking on the stove, oven, crockpot, instant pot, air fryer, you name it. I have not cooked on the grill yet, but I'll learn. I live in a sorority house, so I don't get to cook my own meals anymore which sucks. If you ever want me to cook for you I will, and I'm not joking whatsoever. 

                                                                        My Precious Dandi

    That is all about me! I am excited to learn about y'all! Good luck on this semester and the rest of your college career. :)

Comments

  1. Hi Madison!

    It's so cool that you're an OU cheerleader. I used to be a cheerleader in middle school and high school, I was even cheer captain at my high school! I also did competitive cheer at Tribe Cheer in Moore. Many of my close friends from high school went into collegiate cheer and I really admire that because I definitely don't have the time to do that on top of school, so kudos to you!

    I also love the Twilight Sagas, they're a bit of a guilty pleasure for me but I've been keeping up with them since the first one came out, I even read them all once. I consider them my comfort movies, along with the Harry Potters. I also finished Jane the Virgin over Summer Break, one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What team were you on at Tribe? We cheer there on Sundays in the fall semester, but due to Covid we didn't have access to McCasland so we had to practice at Tribe more often. I always love meeting people who did competitive cheer. It's a big industry, and a fun way to meet new people!

      Delete
  2. Hey Madison,

    Do you know Kyra from this class? She loves teeth too, so much that she said so in the title of her introduction post. I bet you guys would get along well if you don't already!

    Congratulations on getting selected for UCA Nationals and good luck practicing and preparing! I cannot imagine how intense this must be, I am not much of an athlete myself...

    Lastly, I must say I love the picture with Dandi! That is quite the cute, obese weenie dog indeed. Have a good semester and see you around on blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happened to run across Kyra's blog when we had to do the first blog comments. Thanks for sharing her name! I appreciate the good luck, it'll be a little tough this year. You have a good semester, as well.

      Delete
  3. Hey Madison!! Came here after reading your comment on my intro. High five for teeth! I wish we could've met at some point, I feel we would have been great friends. Cheer is so cool! Game days were always sooooo much fun. I miss them. Sorry to hear about OU not accepting you the first time, but that's okay! I know like half of their entering classes are re-applicants so it's just so hard to get in. Did you apply anywhere else? OU's great but the main goal is furthering your career, so if you can afford it (because geez it's expensive) I'd put your eggs in more than one basket. Out of 12 dental schools, only 3 were interested enough to interview me. But hey - that's 3 schools, and I got into one, so who's really laughing? Also this is unrelated but I love the aesthetic of your blog! Catch me following your tiktok soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on applying to out of state dental hygiene programs next fall if I don't get in this year (fingers crossed I won't have to). Thank you for the reassurance, it's always tough not getting in or not getting your first choice. I appreciate that you love my aesthetic and the follow. Let me know your @ name and I'll follow back :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Madison! I also think cooking is a great stress reliever, and I love trying out new dishes. What is your favorite dish that you've cooked? Personally, I've only really cooked on the stove and crockpot as I'm not the biggest fan of baking. Is there a type of food that you don't really like to make?

    Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My absolute favorite dish that I've made would have to be this crockpot lemon butter recipe that I found on pinterest. I served it on top of a bed of mashed potatoes. My mouth is watering right now. I usually stick with pastas or crockpot recipes, so I haven't found a food I don't like to make. Good luck on your semester, as well.

      Delete
  5. Hi Madison!

    Wishing you luck on dental hygienist school! I absolutely love Dandi, she is not obese, simply well loved! I think it is awesome that you love to try new dishes from pinterest, I have a hard time motivating myself to cook new things because I have senioritis and am tired, but I definitely should. I lived in house my sophomore year, and looking back I should've been more grateful of the food that the chefs made because honestly it was pretty darn good. We probably weren't supposed to, but on the weekends we would sneak in and use the kitchen to make grilled cheese after hours. My roommates got an Air Fryer for Christmas so I will probably try to learn how to use that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the luck! I love crockpot dishes because when you're tired or lazy, all you have to do is just throw it in and let it do its thing. The air fryer is a wonderful invention. There are all sorts of things you make in it, including grilled cheese. Good luck on your semester!

      Delete
  6. Hi Madison!

    I love the Jump Street series, they're some of my favorite comedy movies! I've never actually watched a Twilight movie, even though they're based in my home state of Washington. I've gotten into cooking as a hobby ever since quarantine started, and have been cooking a variety of dishes since we can't really go out and eat anymore. I never thought I'd be that into cooking but it's super fun especially with the roommates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you will still be able to achieve your dental hygiene career, Madison! I am someone who had a pathological fear of the dentist because of childhood experiences (I now know to tell the dentist that my whole mouth needs to be numbed for any work because my pain threshold is basically zero... but as a kid, of course I didn't know how to advocate for myself)... but I was saved by a wonderful dental hygienist who I started seeing about 15 years ago. I have now followed her to three different practices, watched her kid grow up. I am loyal to my hygienist, and I let her tell me what dentist I can trust!
    And how great that you have been able to adapt and still do your cheering! For me, the pandemic has not meant changing things exactly (I already taught online), but of course it feels like the whole world has been changing around me. I am so glad you are still getting to cheer, and I hope you will have a great experience with the Nationals.
    Plus you have inspired me about your height. I am very short also, and one of the things that has been nice for me about teaching online is that I don't have to tote a stepstool to class to write on the blackboard like way back in the day when I taught in the classroom (WAY BACK in the day, before wifi and powerpoint, so we really did write a lot on the blackboard, ha ha).
    And your Dandi is a cutie, and maybe she will even get to star in a story of her own this semester. I say she definitely has STAR QUALITY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Madison! I wish you the best of luck with getting into the dental hygiene program – keep us updated! I know a few people on the cheer team and they're all some of the sweetest people ever, it stinks that you're not able to be on the sidelines at any games this year. Your weeny dog is the cutest puppy ever – they're 100% cuter when they're chunkier. Good luck with the rest of your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Madison, I think that it’s super cool how you want to be a dentist hygienist as I know that I could not handle working with teeth. I also think it’s cool how you’re a cheerleader although it is quite unfortunate that Covid had to happen this year as it seemed to have changed up a lot of your regular schedule. Anyways, I hope that you have good luck with your goal with becoming a dental hygienist and good luck on the rest of your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Madison, nice to meet you! You seem like a very passionate person—from teeth to cheerleading to cooking, you go all in! I never did cheerleading, but I did do competitive dance for a long time and competed at UDA nationals in high school. Congrats on making it to college nationals—that must be an incredible experience! My roommates and I are watching the Twilight movies right now, and I don't know if I could watch them a million times without getting sick of them, but they're definitely more enjoyable than I was expecting. I recently got into cooking too because of quarantine. What is your favorite thing to cook?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Madison! That's so cool that you're on the cheerleading team here! I really admire people who are able to do both college and sports at the same time--both are pretty time-consuming! I also love to cook! It sounds like you've experimented with a lot of cooking styles and gadgets, so I'm sure you have a lot of great recipes and advice. I feel you on being short--I'm 5' 3", so I'm taller than you are, but I have a lot of tall friends, and it's hard to be shorter and smaller than everyone else sometimes! Hopefully it's to your advantage for cheerleading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Madison!
    I never did cheerleading but I was part of the marching band here at OU! Super cool to meet someone else who is also responsible for keeping the hype at school events! Cooking is a cool hobby that I've tried to get into a few times but I'm literally the worst at it! I actually managed to burn white rice one time, but hey I'm trying. Love your dog he's so cute! I know the semester is almost over but I hope its been alright so far and that the rest goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts