Reading Notes: Alice in Wonderland, Part A

    This week I chose to read the Alice in Wonderland unit. The stories are from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I forgot that I had picked this unit to read. I was very excited when I went back to my reading overview to find the unit for this week. I have not read the novel at all. I have only seen the animated movie and the live action movie dozens of times. I enjoy both of them very much. It is exciting to actually read the story because it’s the original piece, and there is always more detail.

    I enjoyed the Down the Rabbit-Hole chapters the most, which included a continuous and an end. Reasons for this include the fact that I could visualize it all happening in my head, and because I wanted to keep reading more. My favorite part of this story has always been the part where she drinks the potion to turn her small and eats the cake to make her grow. It was fascinating getting to read it and understand her thought process behind it all. I was sad that we had to skip chapters because I wanted to know more of Alice’s thoughts, but I was happy because I did not want to read a lot this week.

    I pretty much enjoyed the Advice from a Caterpillar chapters, which included a continuous and an end. I have always enjoyed her interaction with the caterpillar and the whole “who are you” part. I definitely liked the first three chapters more, but it is still interesting to find out more of her thoughts.

    I did not enjoy the Pig and Pepper chapters very much. I think it was because this part was new to me. I was not expecting it because I didn’t remember it. After reading more throughout these chapters, I believe that this part was changed because of the baby part of the story. That would’ve been a little much for an animated children's movie.



Comments

Popular Posts