Reading Notes: Alice in Wonderland, Part B

    This week I chose to read the Alice in Wonderland unit. The stories are from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I enjoyed this unit very much. I think it was for sure my favorite unit to read, and a really good unit to end on, if I might add. I am happy that I was able to read most of the novel because I had never read it before, and so I could understand the original story. It was interesting to compare it to the movies, and see what pieces were changed or how some of it resembled parts of the story. I did enjoy the chapters from Reading A more than I did from Reading B. I think it is due to the fact that I was never the biggest fan of the queen. She honestly used to scare me.

    I enjoyed The Queen’s Croquet-Ground chapters the most from Reading B, which included a continuous and an end. Even though the queen is not my favorite character, she does make a good villain. I always found the part of the gardeners painting the white roses red to be funny. It was interesting reading it because I could picture it all in my head. I had forgotten about the hedgehogs and the flamingos that were used to play the croquet game. 

    I did not enjoy the A Mad Tea-Party chapters, Who Stole the Tarts chapters, or the Alice’s Evidence chapters very much. The first half of the novel is way more descriptive and full of more detail because of Alice’s first arrival to Wonderland. Towards the end I feel that the story flattens out and is not as exciting as it started. The very ending of the story though grabs your attention again for a split second because you find out that it was all a dream.

    This novel is very fascinating and full of random things that I would have never thought to write. I honestly do not know what I would do if my imagination was ever that creative and wild. 




Comments

Popular Posts