Week 4 Lab: Exploring Microfiction

     I had never read microfiction before this assignment. I was able to browse through the different styles of microfiction and learn about them. I actually really enjoyed reading these stories; they were like little poems. Some of them were happy, but majority of them were very deep and dark. I like this style of storytelling because it's short and straight to the point. The Tiny Tales interested me because there were so many different stories. There are various topics that you could write about, whether it's food, what you're currently doing, your daily routine, etc. The Tiny Love Stories are similar to the Tiny Tales, so those stories also interested me. There are many routes you could go with writing about love, whether it's painful, happy, gone, etc. All of the microfiction topics and stories were intriguing to me honestly. They all tell a story in just a short amount of words. I don't think I learned any storytelling techniques that I could use for my writing. Maybe, try being concise because you can still tell and understand a story that way. After browsing the microfiction stories, I feel inspired to write my own. Many thoughts come and go throughout my mind and some of them could make good six word stories or hint fiction. I can easily look through my twitter drafts and find at least five microfiction stories. 

                                                                               Hint Fiction



Comments

Popular Posts