Reading Notes: Week 2 Anthology


The first story that caught my eye was Tricksters: Tiger, Brahman, and Jackal. This is an Indian Fairy Tale by Joseph Jacobs. This story was fun and easy to read because of the sentence structure. The sentences were simple rather than wordy but got the point across; therefore, I was not confused at all during the story. The use of personification throughout the story helped make the story interesting. I enjoyed the plot; the most important part was when the jackal was acting as if he couldn’t understand anything. This created a clever ending to the story, as it was filled with suspense and humor. 

                                                                      Picture from the story


The second story that caught my eye was Fairy Tale: Beauty and the Basilisk. It is from Key of Gold by Josef Baudis. I was intrigued by this story because it resembles The Beauty and the Beast, which was one of my favorite princess movies growing up. I like the idea behind fairy tales because usually they are always enchanting. This story was a pleasure to read because of the sentence structure. It was not too wordy, but it was not boring. There was a bit of imagery here and there that made the story come to life. The plot and setting of the story were fascinating and suspenseful. 

                                                                Basilick picture from the story


Both of these stories gave me ideas about how I want to write my story. I would like my story to be enticing, as well as easy to read. Some of the readings were boring or hard to read because of how wordy the sentences were. It was easy to get lost or become distracted while reading them. I do not want my story to turn out like that. I feel as if I need to ready more storybooks in order to find or get an idea on the topic I want to write about.

 

Comments

Popular Posts