My Topic Brainstorm

Werewolves:
The Girl Who Cried Werewolf

    The topic of werewolves interests me because of the many stories that they’re in. Their roles have been heroic ones or villain ones. This gives a wide range of story ideas. The first story that I thought of was The Boy Who Cried Wolf from Aesop’s fables. I came up with a spin off titled The Girl Who Cried Werewolf. I haven’t come up with any ideas for the story but having the title is a good direction.


Greek mythology creatures:
Pegasus 

I remember Pegasus from the Disney movie Hercules. He was Hercules’ pet and friend who also helped in battles. I like the relationship that Pegasus and Hercules have. It would be neat to create a different story but keep the same bond that they had in the story. Other ideas for a story include Pegasus in the real world or Pegasus finds love. I don't have a lot of ideas for this story compared to other topics that I have. This link was posted about Pegasus on the Research Tips section about the topic Legendary Creatures of Greek Myth.

Pegasus on Water


Fairy tale princesses:
Princesses on the Run
Desperate Princesses

I am intrigued with fairy tales involving princesses. I have a couple of story ideas involving princesses. One is Princesses on the Run. My idea is that the story is of a group of princesses who are wanted for crimes. It would tell the story of the crimes they each have and their journey on escaping. The second story is Desperate Princesses; it would resemble the tv show Desperate Housewives. There would be a group of princesses who are all neighbors, and the story would tell about their lives and the drama that’s involved. My inspiration for these was looking through the titles of other people's stories. Doing that expanded my thoughts and ideas. One of the story ideas that I have is similar to one of the stories I read in a prior assignment.


Fairy tale villains:
Untold stories/diary of Mother Gothel or Hades or villains

Most fairy tales are all about the princesses or protagonist, they are never about the villains. Of course the villains are involved but there isn’t much said about them. It would be neat to write about the untold stories or diaries of villains. My thought was to write to about one but after typing this I realized that I could do multiple. Most of these villains were rightful to get mad, but their actions were dramatic and uncalled for. The stories would be from their perspective including their feelings and why they chose to do such actions. I was researching some Disney villains to help with my brainstorming, and I found this video that gave me ideas and background information.

Comments

Popular Posts