My Feedback Thoughts

        I believe that it is important to receive feedback because you could always be better. Many people view feedback as negative when it should be viewed as positive. There are times when feedback can seem negative, but it's just something that can make you stronger. When I came to college I thought I was a great writer, then I took Comp 2. My professor left notes and feedback on every paragraph. At first, I was annoyed because I thought she hated my work, but really, she just wanted me to elaborate and improve my writing skill. I have received feedback in cheerleading my entire life, whether it's me individually, my stunt group, or the whole team. We are literally judged at competitions and they write notes and leave feedback on what we could do to be better for the next competition, or the next day if it's a two-day competition. I love receiving feedback because I know I'm not perfect, I try to be, but I'm not.


     One article that I read that I really liked was Why rejection hurts so much- and what do we do about it. This article was written by Guy Winch. He is a psychologist who made very good points and ideas throughout this article. I found out that our brains are wired to be hurt by rejection because the areas of our brain that are activated when we experience pain are the same areas that are activated when we experience rejection. This fact blew my mind. I liked his ideas about how we should respond to rejection. My favorite response would be to call someone who loves you because your voice brings them joy. Rejection is a crappy thing to go through but there are many positive aspects of it and ways to get through it.


    I also liked the article Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt. This article was written by John Spencer, who is a professor and an artist. I loved how he wrote about his personal life in order to relate to those who struggle with self-doubt. The moral of the article is to face self-doubt and turn it into self-confidence. He wrote many tips on how to achieve this. A few of my favorites were to not compare yourself to others, abandon perfectionism, and trust yourself. Abandoning perfectionism stood out the most to me because self-doubt usually stems from making a mistake or afraid of not being perfect. This one was personal to me because I've always tried to be perfect in everything I do. Obviously, no one is perfect and that's okay. You're supposed to make mistakes because you can learn and grow from them. If you're always perfect, then what exactly are you gaining?


                                                                              Feedback

Comments

Popular Posts