Storybook Favorites

     

The Burn Book of Olympus

    The first storybook that caught my eye was "The Burn Book of Olympus." This title stood out to me because of its relation to the movie Mean Girls. I loved this movie growing up, so I knew I wanted to read this storybook. The introduction of the storybook explained what gossip and drama that was involved throughout the stories. This grabbed my attention even more and made me want to continue reading. The physical layout and navigation of the storybook was simple and easy to follow. The image of the fire used throughout the storybook alludes that the drama is fiery and fierce. I like how the chapters have the names of the people that are involved in story. For example, after the introduction the next story is about Athena vs. Ares. The overall layout and design were creative which contributed to a wonderful storybook.


The Nutcracker

    The second storybook that caught my eye was "The Nutcracker." This title stood out to me because my mom and I have gone to The Nutcracker ballet production for the last twenty years. The introduction was quite fascinating to me because it was from the main character's point of view rather than the narrator's point of view. This made me more invested in the story. I enjoyed the different pictures that were involved in the design of the storybook. The navigation was easy to follow as it explained what was coming next in the story. Overall, the storybook and the layout was done beautifully.

                                                                Image from the storybook


Desperate Goddesses: Life of Mythological Lane

    The third storybook that caught my attention was "Desperate Goddesses: Life of Mythological Lane." This title stood out to me because it resembled the show Desperate Housewives, where it was about the wives on Wisteria Lane. I watched this show with my mom when I was younger, and I re-watched it this past summer. The introduction provided background information of each character. This made me want to continue reading to find out what happens in each of their lives. The physical layout and navigation were different from the other two storybooks I read, but it was still easy to follow. The storybook included images of each of the characters which helped create mental images of the story in your head. This was my favorite storybook because of the details and design.

Comments

Popular Posts