My Favorite Places

There are many places, things, and people that bring joy to my heart. The two places that have my heart are generalized as the beach and coffee shops. Not only are both of these places my favorite places, they are my happy places. Growing up I have always loved playing in the sand and the ocean, as well as laying out in the sun. The feeling of the sun and saltwater on my skin gives me instant serotonin. I have been to several beaches in my lifetime, most of them being in Florida. My mom and I usually vacation in Panama City Beach, Florida. This coming summer we were hoping to go to a beach in Mexico since we just got our passports, but with the new Covid protocols we decided to wait until the pandemic is over. Even though I am disappointed that we will not be traveling outside of the country I am happy that I still have the opportunity to vacation to Florida.
                                                                Panama City Beach Pier


My other favorite place is being in a coffee shop, whether it is a Starbucks or a hole-in-the-wall coffee shop. The smell of coffee alone brings me peace and the taste almost makes my problems go away... until I run out and need another cup. I started drinking coffee when I was younger. I would always have one before my cheer competitions; now it is on game days. Each cup of coffee I have had has a memory linked to it and I will forever cherish them.

                                                                           Photo by me

                                                                Grounded Coffee Cafe

Comments

  1. I am in total agreement about both seashores and cafes, Madison! Of course there is lots of mythology and folklore associated with the seashore... and as for coffee houses, they have been the setting for storytelling over the centuries. There's a fun collection of Turkish tales here: Told in the Coffee House: Turkish Tales (I am a fan of free books online!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts